Knights of Columbus:
- Meetings are held on the first Monday of the Month at 7:00 p.m.
- Volunteer as Ushers, Readers, Greeters, Eucharistic Ministers.
- Pancake breakfast second Sunday of the month.
- Offer a Gene Poulin scholarship to members’ children who attend a post secondary educational institution.
- Initiated an Advent celebration for the Parish community.
- Annual Charity Appeal through the B.C.– Yukon Knights of Columbus.
- 2 bursaries to the upper intermediate grade students (male and female) at St. Joseph’s School.
- Annual Picnic at the Tremblay Beach for Knights of Columbus families, friends, and parishioners.
- Men’s Retreat.
- A monthly newsletter is published for our members.
- Support our priests and sisters e.g. Gift baskets at Christmas time.
- Support our widows in various ways e.g. Mass cards at Christmas, flowers or gift baskets.
- Members are involved in community activities: conservation, crossing guards at St. Joseph’s School.
- Dutch Harbour Summer Camp support.
- November 11 Remembrance Day ceremonies.
- Rachel’s Vineyard, Pro-Life organization.
- Other charitable works: Nelson City police, Pennies for heaven, Nelson Food Cupboard,
Habitat for Humanity, Meals on Wheels, hospital visitations.
- Sponsor Citizen of the Year for 47 years.